Americans from coast to coast are expressing shock and outrage over the level of detailed questioning from the federal government and the 2000 Census, with thousands of citizens vowing to pay fines rather than submit to the private nature of the inquisition, according to congressional sources.
"The census count is already breaking down," said one Hill source. "People are in revolt! Calls are flooding into our office... They are very upset about the intrusive nature of the questions, such as how a person gets to work, whether they have any disabilities, how many cars they own, what their income was and who they work for!"
The Constitution of the United States grants the government authority to count population, but a "long form" being sent to 1 out of 6 American households strays far from that goal; requiring answers to more than 53 personal questions or risk penalty.
U.S. Code, Title 13, Section 221 states citizens must fully comply with the census or face a $100 fine. There is a $500 penalty for giving false information.
Census officials received more than 600,000 phone calls on Tuesday, according to officials. The majority of the callers lodged complaints about the probing nature of the census questions.
And thousands of calls to Capitol Hill took staffers by surprise.
"It's a firestorm," said one congressional aide.
Congressmen on Wednesday were referring complaints to the Census Hotline [1-800-471-9424].
A cover letter accompanying the long form states that no one will have access to the information other than the Census Bureau. Yet many questions appear to violate a citizen's right to privacy:
10. What is this person's ancestry or ethnic origin?
11. a. Does this person speak a language other than English at home? b. What is this language? c. How well does this person speak English?
12. Where was this person born?
13. Is this person a citizen of the United States?
14. When did this person come to live in the United States?
15. a. Did this person live in this house or apartment 5 years ago? b. Where did this person live 5 years ago?
16. Does this person have any of the following long-lasting conditions: blindness deafness or a severe vision or hearing impairment? A condition that substantially limits one or more basic physical activities such as walking, climbing stairs, reaching, lifting or carrying?
18. Was this person under 15 years of age on April 1, 2000?
19. Does this person have any of his/her own grandchildren under the age of 18 living in this house or apartment? Is this grandparent currently responsible for most of the basic needs of any grandchildren under the age of 18 who lives in this house or apartment? How long has this grandparent been responsible fort these grandchildren?
22. At what location did this person work LAST WEEK?
23. How did this person usually get to work LAST WEEK?
24. What time did this person usually leave home to go to work LAST WEEK?
25. LAST WEEK, was this person on layoff from a job? LAST WEEK, was this person TEMPORARILY absent from a job or business? Has this person been informed that he or she will be recalled to work within the next 6 months or been given a date to return to work?
27. Industry or Employer -- Describe clearly this person's chief job activity or business last week. If this person had more than one job, describe the one at which this person worked the most hours. If this person had no job or business last week, give the information for his/her last job or business since 1995. For whom did this person work? What kind of business or industry was this? Is this mainly manufacturing? wholesale trade? retail trade? Other (agriculture, construction, service, government, etc.)
31. Income in 1999: Wages salary, commissions, bonuses or tips from all jobs; Self-employment from own non-farm businesses, including proprietorships and partnerships; Interest dividends, net income, royalty income, or income from estates and trusts.
32. What was this person's total income in 1999?
Questions 33 through 42 deal with type of housing, whether someone rents or owns, and how many bedrooms, whether there are plumbing facilities, etc. 43. How many automobiles, vans, and trucks of one-ton capacity or less are kept at home for use by members of your household?
46. What is monthly rent? Does the monthly rent include any meals?
47. Do you have a mortgage, deed of trust, contract to purchase or similar debt on this property? How mush is your regular monthly mortgage payment on this property? Does your regular monthly mortgage payment include payments for real estate taxes on this property? Does your regular monthly mortgage payment include payments for fire, hazard, or flood insurance on this property?
48. Do you have a second mortgage or a home equity loan on this property? How much is your regular monthly payment on all second or junior mortgages and all home equity loans on this property?
49. What were the real estate taxes on this property last year?
50. What was the annual payment for fire, hazard and flood insurance on this property?
51. What is the value of this property; that is how much do you think this house and lot, apartment or mobile home and lot would sell for if it were for sale?
One out of 100 households are to receive an even more detailed questionnaire, The American Community Survey. That form requires answers on "physical, mental, or emotional conditions lasting 6 months or more."
Filed by Matt Drudge Reports are moved when circumstances warrant http://www.drudgereport.com for updates
(c) Drudge Report 2000
From Timothy B Kranz
Census 2000 and Germany 3-16-00
Dear Mr. Rense,
If (the New) World Order took over they would have a perfect profile laying in the records, and could find all they needed from these files.
Our country is vulnerable to a takeover if we ignore our Constitution and don't stand up for it. I am one out of a hundred who got the long form and I see so much of Hitler and Caesar in it I am going to pay the hundred bucks.
What an invasion of mental, financial, and personal info. If the question would have been 'what time I went potty, I would have thought it a joke. Just think: if I made a day or dollar error, it would mean a $500 dollar fine. What's next? " 666 "? When do we raise our hand and say Hale New World Order?
There is a lady who gets on the radio here and warns us every day what it was like in Germany when she was a little girl. She spoke of the registration of gunsjust before they took them away, and how they had every one register there ancestry so they knew who was a Jew. God knows I am a sinner but have mercy on us. Thank you Tim SD, USA
From Scott Earl Middlemiss 3-16-00
Many of you have recently received a Census form from the "U.S. Department of Commerce; Bureau of the Census".
I received mine today and promptly noticed that the return envelope for the Census form says "BUSINESS REPLY MAIL". I immediately got on the phone and talked with the Bureau of the Census and asked them who the business is. Is the business referred to on the return envelope me or the Bureau of the Census? After some checking and then double checking I actually received a straight answer. The lady at the Bureau told me that it is indeed referring to the "U.S. Department of Commerce; Bureau of the Census that is operating as a business.
I then informed her that the Department of Commerce was formed to REGULATE Commerce, not to be participating in Commerce. I further went on to tell her that this explains why there are other questions on the Census form other than "How Many People Live At This Address". Questions of income and job type, whether I buy or rent, for example.
The Government of the U.S. is operating as a business and their business is to make as much profit for themselves at the expense of "We the People" as they can get away with. I hope others will call and verify this so they will hear it for themselves.
The Bureau of the Census stated that they had never been asked the question that I asked them today. That is sad...
More of us need to question why and not give up asking until we get a direct answer to our questions... May God watch over us all.
God Bless, Scott Earl Middlemiss Constitutional Sovereign, Sui Juris. (IN GOD ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE)
From Terry Stough via Rod Remelin
You never give up! And that encourages those among us who often have had enough. The Census has been bothering me a lot also. I read the part of the "Long Form" -- as much as I could stomach. It was clear even before seeing your postings that something was very wrong. So, you and your resources have shown that the long form goes far beyond the "SOLE PURPOSE" of the Census.
Now for the next bullet in the gun. The long form is NOT required to be filled out AT ALL, at least not by people residing outside PUERTO RICO.
1. The form number for the long form (at least the one I have which was sent to an address in ALABAMA) is "Form D-2(UL)". The title of the form is "United States Census 2000".
2. The form states at the top: "This is the official form for all the people at this address. It is quick and easy and your answers are protected by law...." Note that this means that if THIS FORM is not valid and the above language is correct, there is NO FORM for conducting the census for the people living at the address contained on the form. Also note that the form is supposedly "quick and easy" even though it is 38 PAGES LONG.
3. At the bottom right of the front page of the long form is written "OMB No. 0607-0856: Approval expires 12/31/2000".
4. On the bottom of page 2 of Form D-2(UL) it states that "The Census Bureau estimates that, for the average household, this form will take about 38 minutes to complete...." That doesn't sound very quick, but then exactly what form or part of the form are they talking about?
5. The next paragraph on Page 2 (a single sentence) is the key: "Respondents are not required to respond to any information collection unless it displays a valid approval number from the Office of Management and Budget."
Now, as you know, we have already been down the OMB number road with the 1040. But guess what? They did it again!
I went to the official OMB site and looked up the OMB number, 0607-0856. The site is:
http://www.whitehouse.gov/library/omb/OMBINVC.HTM#Department of Commerce
Here is the exact information found on the site for this number:
OMB NO: 0607-0856 EXPIRATION DATE: 12/31/2000 RESPS:106,200,000 HOURS:26,761,200 COSTS(000):$0 United States Census 2000 FORMS: D-1 D-1(E) D-1(E)SUPP D-1(HF) D-1(UL) D-1A(UL) D-2 D-2(E) D-2(E)SUPP D-2(HF)
Note that the Form Name, "United States Census 2000" and the expiration date are the same as on the form D-2(UL).
However, as you will note, form D-2(UL) is NOT LISTED. Therefore, OMB No. 0607-0856 is NOT a valid OMB number and no one receiving it with THAT NUMBER on it is required to fill it out. Since, according to page
1, "This is the official form for all the people at this address", there must be NO VALID FORM for anyone who receives the long form, D-2(UL).
The next finding is even more amazing. As I was cutting and pasting the above from the OMB site, my eyes glanced down. BELOW the listing for 0607-0856 I found Form D-2(UL) listed under OMB NO: 0607-0858, titled "Census 2000 -- Puerto Rico". However, take a GOOD LOOK at the information for this OMB number:
OMB NO: 0607-0858 EXPIRATION DATE: 12/31/2000 RESPS:1,400,000 HOURS:453,504 COSTS(000):$0 Census 2000 -- Puerto Rico FORMS: D-1(UL)(PR) D-1(UL)(PR)(S) D-1(E)(PR) D-1(E)(PR)(S) D-1(E)SUPP(PR) D-1(HF)(PR) D-1(HF)(PR)(S) D-2(UL)(PR) D-2(UL)(PR)(S)
This means that the D-2(UL) is AT BEST required for residents of Puerto Rico. I guess that Congress can do what it wants to with respect to Puerto Rico since Puerto Rico is a Federal State "included" as part of the "United States", which Alabama is NOT. At MOST, I would only complete the "Number of People" section of the long form which is contained on the first page of the form. This complies with the SOLE PURPOSE of the Census as contained in law.
Answering any other questions appears to be totally voluntary. Let me know what you think about this and of course, get the word out as appropriate to your readers.
Terry W. Stough
P.S.: It should take about two minutes to read this e-mail AND complete the only required sections ("Number of people") of the long form. According to OMB estimates, getting this information out to EVERYONE could save people living in the 50 supposedly sovereign states some estimated 25 MILLION HOURS. Of course that might allow them time to find out about the massive fraud about to be perpetrated on us AGAIN on April 15th.
From Robpa 3-18-00
I agree with your website regarding the right to privacy.... I tell you this now & pass this on to everyone....
DO NOT PAY THE $100.00
The government is trying to force you to do something against your will... which reverts back to the US. Consitution THE RIGHT TO PRIVACY... THAT MEANSNO ONE HAS THE RIGHT TO KNOW YOUR BUSINESS !!!
LETS CALL IT GEORGE ORWELL 1984
BIG BROTHER, 666, NEW WORLD ORDER.... I've had it... I got the long form read it over & said these people are out of there minds... I decide to put down the following information on the front cover....
Ask for number of people living in your home... I told them even put how many males & females... then wrote this is all the information I will provide.. Due to my right of privacy....
Then I had the package in the envolpe sealed... holding it in my hand & said SCREW THEM I SEND IN MY TAX FORM EVERY YEAR THEY KNOW HOW MANY PEOPLE LIVE HERE.. SO I THREW IT IN THE FIRE PLACE......
Everyone needs to remember this: WE THE PEOPLE.... NOT WE THE GOVERNMENT...
SO PASS THIS ALONG...TO HELL WITH THE GOVERNMENT.... BY THE WAY THE PACKAGE IS ADDRESS : TO THE RESIDENTS OF SO they don't know JACK SHIT.....
Back to the Americas Menu
Back to News Archive Menu
Notice: TGS HiddenMysteries and/or the donor of this material may or may not agree with all the data or conclusions of this data. It is presented here 'as is' for your benefit and research. Material for these pages are sent from around the world. If by chance there is a copyrighted article posted which the author does not want read, email the webmaster and it will be removed. If proper credit for authorship is not noted please email the webmaster for corrections to be posted.