V. Stewart Daley, Special Agent
Federal Bureau of Investigation
1850 Gateway Blvd, Suite 1010
Concord, CA 94520 Certified: P427 892054
Ref: TWA Flight 800; SAM missiles offered to US and rejected; and July 24, 1996 meeting with FBI agent.
The purpose of this letter is to make a record relating to what transpired during a meeting and subsequent telephone conversation between myself and FBI agent V. Stewart Daley on July 24, 1996:
* The San Francisco FBI office contacted me on July 24, 1996, arranging for a meeting that afternoon between myself and FBI agent V. Stewart Daley, which did occur, outside of the Rossmoor Diner in Walnut Creek, California.
* The purpose of the visit by FBI agent Daley was supposed to discuss the letters that I had sent to members of the House and Senate intelligence committees on October 20, 1995, and a copy of those letters to FBI agent Jim Kallstrom on July 21, 1996. Kallstrom is the lead FBI agent in charge of the criminal investigation involving TWA Flight 800.
* The intent of my October 20, 1995 letter to those members of Congress was to alert them to a very serious matter, requiring their immediate attention, that would otherwise probably culminate in one or more missiles being acquired and used by terrorists to shoot down commercial airliners.
* Prior to my sending that October 20th letter, one of my many CIA sources had expressed concern to me in October 1995 that surface-to-air missiles (SAM) would be made available to terrorists by the inexplicable actions of Justice Department and CIA personnel. My source described his participation in the efforts of Afghan rebels who were offering 40 to 60 missiles to the United States, through the Justice Department and Central Intelligence Agency, at no cost to the United States. They also advised that an additional 100 missiles may also be made available. The only consideration attached to this gift of SAM missiles was that a young son of one of the rebel leaders be released from federal prison at Terminal Island. He had been convicted of a drug-related offense.
* It was known to these Justice Department and CIA employees that terrorists were offering $100,000 each for several of these missiles. Knowing this, and knowing that the missiles would probably be used to shoot down commercial airlines, Justice Department and CIA officials refused to accept them. This CIA source recognized this probable consequence of the rejection, and conveyed his concern to me. He then provided me with sufficient documentation to establish the truth of his statements, including copies of letters to and from the Justice Department, serial numbers of some of the missiles, and other data.
Informing Congress of Impending Shoot-down of Passenger Airliners
* I then informed each member of the House and Senate intelligence committees through that October 20, 1995 letter, making them aware of the probable shoot-down of a passenger airliner if they did not immediately intervene and seek to halt the sale of these missiles to terrorist groups. I made it clear that I had documents to support these statements and could provide them with other information. I urged them to immediately contact me for further information.
* Despite the horror that would probably follow failure to take immediate actions, not a single member of Congress contacted me.
* My credibility could not have been an issue. Those letters provided information on my background, including years as a former federal investigator in the Federal Aviation Administration, a member of sophisticated intelligence and aviation groups, a writer of highly technical, detailed, and documented books, and long experience in these areas.
Standard FBI Coverup and Obstruction of Justice
* During this July 24, 1996 meeting with FBI agent V. Stewart Daley, I described in general terms the nature of the missile problem and the possibility that TWA Flight 800 was shot down by a missile, and that other passenger airliners would probably be shot down by the missiles made available to terrorist groups by the conduct of these Justice Department and CIA officials. I also made it clear that I was using this meeting to make the FBI aware of other criminal activities that I had discovered. These were major criminal activities inflicting death upon many people, and were inflicting great harm upon national security. These criminal activities included, among many others:
* Pattern of FAA corruption related to a series of airline crashes and deaths. I detailed and documented these activities in the third edition of Unfriendly Skies, the second edition of Defrauding America, in thousands of pages of testimony and evidence placed into a FAA hearing that I forced upon the agency. I charged the existence of deeply entrenched FAA corruption (and corruption at a major airline) associated with a series of fatal airline crashes that I and other federal inspectors had uncovered as part of our official duties. These corrupt activities were made known to high level management in the FAA, NTSB, Justice Department, and to members of Congress, some of whom had already been advised of these problems by other FAA inspectors. They all covered up, making possible the continuation of the FAA culture, the air safety misconduct, and the resulting crashes. This mindset continues, making possible many of the airline crashes that continue to occur.
* Pattern of corruption implicating high-level federal officials relating to long-standing drug trafficking into the United States, This would include evidence that I have accumulated for the past seven years (and longer) from my many CIA and other deep-cover sources. Heavily involved in this coverup (and prosecution of whistleblowers) are Justice Department employees and federal judges, as described in part in my two detailed and documented books.
* Massive corruption in the Ninth Circuit bankruptcy courts, looting the assets of people who exercise the statutory protections of Chapter 11, unaware of the enormous fraud involving judges, US and private trustees, law firms, and attorneys.
* Justice Department coverup of the CIA-DEA drug pipeline, misusing Pan Am aircraft, making possible the placement of the bomb on Pan Am Flight 103, and the fraudulent prosecution of people who seek to expose the truth. There is similarity between Justice Department coverup between the two TWA mishaps in the New York City area and the Lockerbie disaster. This coverup of the CIA-DEA drug pipeline has protected the terrorists who actually placed the bomb on board Pan Am 103. It was the illicit activities of CIA and DEA personnel that made possible the placement of the bomb on board the aircraft, making these US employees partly responsible for the bombing and deaths.
Coverup of Tragedy-Related Corruption Combined With Threats(1) To Remain Quiet
* Shortly after I returned home from that meeting, FBI agent Daley contacted me by phone, and warned me not to repeat any of the information that I had provided to him. He had no interest in any of these criminal matters, despite the gravity of the matters and their harmful effects upon national security. * No interest was shown in any of these areas by FBI agent V. Stewart Daley, including specifics on the missiles.
* I reminded him that he had a duty under Title 18 USC Section 4, and other criminal statutes, to arrange for me and my sources to give evidence to a proper investigative body. He repeated his warning that I keep this information to myself.
How the American Public Has Paid For These Crimes and the Coverup
* TWA Flight 800. If this flight was actually shot down by a missile, the matter of Justice Department and CIA rejection of the SAM missiles is of grave concern to the United States. What agenda do these officials have that are subjecting the United States to such tragic consequences? And if TWA Flight 800 was not shot down by a missile, when will the missiles, in the hands of terrorists, be used to shoot down a passenger airliner?
* Further complicating this matter is the refusal by any of the two dozen members of the Senate and House intelligence committees to obtain from me the confidential data that I have acquired after they received that urgent letter. They also appeared willing to sacrifice the lives that would very probably be lost through missile attacks.
* Coverup behind the downing of the TWA Flight over Staten Island many years ago, killing everyone on board. A prior tragedy befalling TWA, within miles of the downing of TWA Flight 800, was associated with criminal misconduct on the part of FAA management (and others), and occurred on a program for which I held federal air safety responsibilities shortly after that tragedy occurred (the world's worst at that time). Evidence of this relationship (and of the criminal misconduct in other airline crashes occurring in my area of federal air safety responsibilities) is found in the records of an unprecedented four-month-long FAA safety hearing (E20GFAA) that I forced upon the FAA while holding federal authority to make such determinations. During that hearing I acted as a prosecutor, producing official documents and testimony to support my charges. FAA legal staff and the top aide to the FAA administrator engaged in coverup during the hearing, in perjury, subornation of perjury, that continued the FAA culture, the serious air safety and criminal violations, which then caused or made possible other crashes in my area of air safety responsibilities.
* This hearing was preceded by several air disasters on programs for which I had federal air safety responsibilities, followed by identical air disasters (plus two air disasters occurring during the hearing). These activities were accompanied by coverup involving officials in various divisions of the U.S. Department of Justice, members of Congress, and others. They all played a role in the deaths associated with the specific air disasters.
* Harm to national security, to US institutions, and the deaths of many people, and establishing a corrupt culture in government institutions, especially the FAA, Justice Department, and Central Intelligence Agency.
FBI Reaction To This Pattern of Tragedy Related Criminality
Despite the gravity of the matters brought to your attention, and to other divisions of the Justice Department by a former federal investigator, no attempt was made to receive my evidence and testimony, and that of my sources.
Your telephone conversation consisted of a warning for me to remain quiet. This coincides with prior actions and inactions of Justice Department officials. It is of interest that a federal criminal statute(2) provides for any citizen to report a federal crime to a federal judge (or other federal tribunal), and if a citizen fails to promptly do this, he has committed a criminal act. It should be of great concern to Americans that every attempt to report these criminal acts to federal judges has been judicially blocked. These judges, with the assistance of Justice Department employees, have prevented me from making such reports. They have rendered orders barring me from federal court access, which blocks me from making the reports that they are required to receive under Title 18 USC Section 4. The two books, Unfriendly Skies and Defrauding America detail and document these and many other examples of misconduct involving federal employees.
cc: Janet Reno, U.S. Attorney General, Constitution Avenue and 10th Street, NW, Washington, DC 20530. FAX 202-514-4371.
Internet; Senate Intelligence Committee FAX 202-224-1772; House Intelligence Committee FAX 202-225-1991.
FOOTNOTES IN ORIGINAL LETTER
1. It is a criminal offense to threaten any person who seeks to report federal crimes.
Title 18 U.S.C. § 1513. Retaliating against a witness, victim, or an informant. (a) Whoever knowingly engages in any conduct and thereby causes bodily injury to another person or damages the tangible property of another person, or threatens to do so, with intent to retaliate against any person for(1) the attendance of a witness or party at an official proceeding, or any testimony given or any record, document, or other object produced by a witness in an official proceeding; or (2) any information relating to the commission or possible commission of a Federal offense ...
Title 18 U.S.C. § 1512. Tampering with a witness/informant. Applies to anyone who (b) uses intimidation or physical force, or threatens another person, or attempts to do so, or engages in misleading conduct toward another person, with intent to (1) influence, delay or prevent that person's testimony in an official proceeding; (2) cause or induce any person to (A) withhold testimony; or withhold a record from an official proceeding; (B) alter, destroy, mutilate, or conceal an object with intent to impart the object's integrity or availability for use in an official proceeding; (3) hinder, delay, or prevent the communication to a ... judge of the United States of information relating to the commission or possible commission of a Federal offense, ...
§ 1512. Tampering with a witness, victim, or an informant
(b) Whoever knowingly uses intimidation or physical force, or threatens another person, or attempts to do so, or engages in misleading conduct toward another person, with intent to
(1) influence, delay or prevent the testimony of any person in an official proceeding:
shall be fined ... or imprisoned ... or both. [1988 amended reading]
2. Title 18 U.S.C. § 4 (misprision of felony). "Whoever, having knowledge of the actual commission of a felony cognizable by a court of the United States, conceals and does not as soon as possible make known the same to some judge or other person in civil or military authority under the United States, shall be fined not more than $500 or imprisoned not more than three years, or both."source:
Notice: TGS HiddenMysteries and/or the donor of this material may or may not agree with all the data or conclusions of this data. It is presented here 'as is' for your benefit and research. Material for these pages are sent from around the world. If by chance there is a copyrighted article posted which the author does not want read, email the webmaster and it will be removed. If proper credit for authorship is not noted please email the webmaster for corrections to be posted.
FAIR USE NOTICE. This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc.. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
United States Code: Title 17, Section 107 http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/unframed/17/107.html Notwithstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright. In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include - (1) the purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of a commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes; (2) the nature of the copyrighted work; (3) the amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole; and (4) the effect of the use upon the potential market for or value of the copyrighted work. The fact that a work is unpublished shall not itself bar a finding of fair use if such finding is made upon consideration of all the above factors.