The doctrines of Mormonism grew more strange
as the cult developed. Presently, Mormon doctrines are as follows:
These doctrines are documented from Mormon writers, not anti-mormon writers.)
- The true gospel was lost from the earth. Mormonism is its restoration,
Mormon Doctrine, by Bruce R. McConkie, p. 635. They teach there was
an apostasy and the true church ceased to exist on earth.
- We need prophets today, the same as in the Old Testament, Mormon
Doctrine, p. 606.
- The book of Mormon is more correct than the Bible, History of the
- There is no salvation outside the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day
Saints, Mormon Doctrine, p. 670.
- There are many gods, Mormon Doctrine, p. 163.
- There is a mother god, Articles of Faith, by James Talmage, p. 443.
- God used to be a man on another planet, Mormon Doctrine, p. 321.
- After you become a good Mormon, you have the potential of becoming a
god, Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, pages 345-347, 354.
- God the Father had a Father (Orson Pratt in The Seer, page 132;
One of the purposes of the Seer was "to elucidate" Mormon Doctrine,
The Seer, page 1, 1854.
- God the Father has a body of flesh and bones, Doctrine and Covenants,
- God is in the form of a man, Joseph Smith, Journal of Discourses,
Vol. 6, page 3.
- God is married to his goddess wife and has spirit babies, Mormon
Doctrine p. 516.
- We were first begotten as spirit babies in heaven and then born naturally
on earth, Journal of Discourse, Vol. 4, p. 218.
- The first spirit to be born in heaven was Jesus, Mormon Doctrine,
- The Devil was born as a spirit after Jesus "in the morning of pre-existence,"
Mormon Doctrine, page 192.
- Jesus and Satan are spirit brothers, Mormon Doctrine, p. 163.
- A plan of salvation was needed for the people of earth so Jesus offered
a plan to the father and Satan offered a plan to the father but Jesus' plan
was accepted. In effect the Devil wanted to be the Savior of all Mankind
and to "deny men their agency and to dethrone god." Mormon
Doctrine, page 193; Journal of Discourses, vol. 6, page 8.
- God had sexual relations with Mary to make the body of Jesus, Journal
of Discourses, Vol. 4, p. 218, 1857.
- Jesus' sacrifice was not able to cleanse us from all our sins, Journal
of Discourses, Vol. 3, p. 247, 1856.
- Good works are necessary for salvation, Articles of Faith, p. 92.
- There is no salvation without accepting Joseph Smith as a prophet of
God, Doctrines of Salvation, Vol. 1, p. 188.
- Baptism for the dead, Doctrines of Salvation, Vol. II, p. 141.
This is a practice of baptizing each other in place of non-Mormons who are
now dead. Their belief is that in the afterlife, the "newly baptized"
person will be able to enter into a higher level of Mormon heaven.
- There are three levels of heaven: telestial, terrestrial, and celestial,
Mormon Doctrine, p. 348.
HiddenMysteries.org is a publication of TGS Services
Please direct all correspondence to
TGS HiddenMysteries, c/o TGS Services,
22241 Pinedale Lane, Frankston, Texas, 75763
All Original Content and Design © HiddenMysteries - TGS (1997-2007)
HiddenMysteries.com Internet Store ~ HiddenMysteries Information Central
Texas National Press ~ TGS Publishers Dealers Site
All Rights Reserved
The articles being presented and published are not necessarily the views or the research of TGS HiddenMysteries. TGS may or may not agree with the assumptions, the articles, or the conclusions of the authors. Each article is presented to give everyone every possible source to TRUTH available. Discerning TRUTH is the responsibility of each reader.
We welcome challenging viewpoints from all sources...even opposing viewpoints. In diversity of views we can still find the research and documentation valuable, whether we agree with the views of the author or not.